Bulgaria Sends New Unit to Iraq
"The troops are already preparing for their mission in Iraq," Minister Vesselin Bliznakov said during his visit in Plovdiv.
Bulgaria will send the new guarding unit after the current mission comes to an end on 31 March 2007.
Bulgaria's non-combat unit is 154-strong and guards the Ashraf refugee camp, located 60 km north of Baghdad.
At the end of December the United States sent an invitation for extending the term of the mission from the end of March 2007 till the end of the year.
Bulgaria's government and parliament are expected to discuss and adopt a resolution to this effect.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Democratic Bulgaria: This Government is an Opportunity to Start the Change
- » Consultations with President Radev Continued today with “There Is Such a People
- » "We Continue the Change": We want one of our Representatives in Each Ministry
- » The United States has Confirmed that it will Launch a Diplomatic Boycott of the Beijing Olympics
- » Bulgaria was represented at a Christmas Concert of the EU Delegation to Canada
- » The Editorial office of Bulgarian Newspaper "Trud" Declared Civil Disobedience