Artificial Gut to Help Human Digestion
The Institute of Food Research hopes it will aid the development of new super-foods by revealing how they are broken down in the gut.
The device, made from sophisticated plastics and metals, can withstand the corrosive gut acids and enzymes, and can be fed real food.
It mimics both the physical and chemical reactions that take place during digestion - and can even vomit.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Provides BGN 50 Million to Increase Salaries of University Lecturers
- » Earthquake 3.6 Magnitute in Albania
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended to November 30
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 76: Grand National Uprising 3
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 109 Newly Registered Cases
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 151 Newly Registered Cases, 19014 Total