Berlin Set on Bulgaria's EU Accord Nod April 5
Bundestag MP and European-policy spokesman of the Social Democratic Party of Germany (SDP) parliamentary group Axel Schaefer explained that the first public debate in the Bundestag on Bulgaria and Romania's EU future is scheduled for May 19.
He also said that the ratification procedure might take several months and is to end October or November.
The German MPs underlined that Bulgaria has achieved much en route to the EU but there is more to be done, especially in the judiciary.
Bulgaria and Romania hope to join the EU on January 1, 2007.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria