Dutch Troops to Withdraw from Iraq
Dutch news agency ANP cited Defense Minister Henk Kamp on Friday as saying that the country's 1,350-contingent will leave the US-led multinational contingent.
The Netherlands first sent troops to Iraq in August 2003 and won parliamentary approval this summer to extend their stay until March 2005.
Iraq's interim administration wants to hold elections in January despite mounting violence, and the Netherlands has come under increasing US and British pressure to keep its troops there after March.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Democratic Bulgaria: This Government is an Opportunity to Start the Change
- » Consultations with President Radev Continued today with “There Is Such a People
- » "We Continue the Change": We want one of our Representatives in Each Ministry
- » The United States has Confirmed that it will Launch a Diplomatic Boycott of the Beijing Olympics
- » Bulgaria was represented at a Christmas Concert of the EU Delegation to Canada
- » The Editorial office of Bulgarian Newspaper "Trud" Declared Civil Disobedience