INTERIOR MINISTER DISCUSSES COOPERATION WITH NATO
Politics | September 28, 2001, Friday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
Bulgarian Interior Minister Georgi Petkanov met on September 27 with NATO Assistant Secretary General for Political Affairs Guenther Altenburg and the Director of the NATO Office of Security. The talks focused on the changed situation in light of the September 11 terrorist attacks in the US. Petkanov talked about Bulgaria`s readiness to cooperate with NATO and with its individual member states in the fight against international terrorism. He described to his hosts the measures taken by the Bulgarian government to increase security and counteract terrorism. Cooperation within the Euro-Atlantic Partnership Council in the context of Bulgaria`s preparations for NATO membership were discussed. The importance of introducing NATO security standards and especially the forthcoming introduction of the Protection of Classified Information Act were emphasized. Petkanov is in Brussels for the meeting of the Justice and Internal Affairs ministers of the EU members and the applicant countries.Politics » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Theresa May: 'We risk Ending up with no Brexit at All'
- » In the Mountains During the Summer? Here are some Tips from a Rescuer
- » Today is the Donald Trump Vladimir Putin Helsinki Summit
- » Ukrainian President Appoints Ambassadors to Bulgaria and Algeria
- » 250,000 in London to Protest against Trump
- » Heavy Traffic from Serbia to Bulgaria via Kalotina
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)