INTERIOR MINISTER DISCUSSES COOPERATION WITH NATO
Politics | September 28, 2001, Friday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
Bulgarian Interior Minister Georgi Petkanov met on September 27 with NATO Assistant Secretary General for Political Affairs Guenther Altenburg and the Director of the NATO Office of Security. The talks focused on the changed situation in light of the September 11 terrorist attacks in the US. Petkanov talked about Bulgaria`s readiness to cooperate with NATO and with its individual member states in the fight against international terrorism. He described to his hosts the measures taken by the Bulgarian government to increase security and counteract terrorism. Cooperation within the Euro-Atlantic Partnership Council in the context of Bulgaria`s preparations for NATO membership were discussed. The importance of introducing NATO security standards and especially the forthcoming introduction of the Protection of Classified Information Act were emphasized. Petkanov is in Brussels for the meeting of the Justice and Internal Affairs ministers of the EU members and the applicant countries.Politics » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Bulgarian Socialist Party Files No-confidence Motion Against Borisov 3 Cabinet
- » Prime Minister Borisov Met with the British Ambassador to Bulgaria Emma Hopkins
- » First 20 Electric Buses Start Moving Around Sofia by the End of the Year
- » Bulgarian Registry Agency Seeks Additional Data-storage Capacity via Direct Contracting
- » Monthly Inflation in Bulgaria at 0.3% in September
- » TISPOL Special Operation Taking Place from 15 to 21 October Across Bulgaria
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)