The US Government avoided the Threat of a Shutdown
The United States government avoided the threat of a shutdown after the House and Senate approved, at the last minute, a temporary funding resolution.
Because of the unpassed budget, federal offices had to be partially closed from the night the financial year ended.
The resolution calls for funding for 45 days, which includes funds for natural disasters, but no new aid to Ukraine.
It must be signed by the president to take effect. If Congress hadn't agreed, government offices would have had to shut down.
This would affect everything from air traffic control to marriages and wages.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Romania is Close to a Visa-Free Regime with the US
- » Spain Not Committed to New Meeting for the Admission of Bulgaria and Romania to Schengen
- » Who is the Bulgarian Detained by Serbia on Espionage Allegations?
- » PM Ciolacu: Romania's Schengen Future Linked to Dutch Support for Bulgaria
- » Day 650 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin Threatened Latvia over its Treatment of Ethnic Russians
- » Bulgarian PM: It’s More Difficult to Negotiate with the Dutch on Schengen But Not Impossible