Bulgarians honor All Souls' Day
Today is All Souls' Day. It is celebrated the day before the great Christian holiday of Pentecost.
On this day, the Orthodox Church performs a special service in memory of the deceased. The general memorial service is known as Cherry All Souls' Day. On this day, wheat, bread, wine, fruit and other foods are prepared and given away for God to forgive. The wheat symbolizes the resurrection, and the bread - Jesus Christ.
Cherries are also distributed, the first of the season, which give this memorial service its name.
The Metropolitan Municipality has organized additional transport to the cemetery parks in the capital.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Today marks 115 Years since Bulgaria’s Independence
- » Bulgarians honor the Saints Faith, Hope, Love and Sofia
- » Bulgaria celebrates 138 years since its Unification
- » Bulgaria: 140 Publishers will attend the Book Alley event in Sofia
- » More than 3,500 Folk Performers from Bulgaria and abroad participate in the festival in Nedelino
- » Indian Summer Exhibition: Art from my Travels