The Ukrainian Orthodox Church is moving to a New Calendar
The Ukrainian Orthodox Church is moving to a new calendar with a decision of the Synod, Ukrinform reported, citing BBC Ukraine.
"The Orthodox Church of Ukraine - the most popular religious organization in the country, has approved the complete transition to the new calendar," an official announcement states.
From September 1, 2023, most Ukrainian Christians will start celebrating religious holidays according to the new calendar. Christmas will be celebrated on December 25 instead of January 7, St. Nicholas Day will be celebrated on December 6 instead of December 19, Epiphany - on January 6 instead of January 18.
The dates for celebrating Easter and some other holidays will remain unchanged.
Earlier it was reported that the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church also decided to switch to another calendar.
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 459 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Another Russian attack before Kyiv Day
- » Day 458 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia is preparing a Simulation of an Accident at the Zaporizhzhia NPP according to Kyiv
- » Day 457 of the Invasion of Ukraine: At least Two People died after Russian shelling of a Hospital in the City of Dnipro
- » Day 456 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv announced that it has Launched its Counteroffensive against Russian forces
- » Day 455 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Prigozhin prophesied a new October Revolution in Russia
- » Day 454 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Pro-Ukrainian Forces continue to occupy Russian Territory in Belgorod