NATO is sending F-16s to Bulgaria for the Thracian Star exercise
Greek F-16 aircraft will fly this week over Bulgaria as part of the joint flight training "Thracian Star".
During the flight training, air combat with medium-altitude fighters, defensive and offensive air operations, tactical interceptions, visual aerial reconnaissance, low- and ultra-low-altitude route flights, close air support, search and conditional strikes on land (sea) objects.
Bulgaria will participate with aviation personnel, aircraft maintenance and special equipment.
The Greek Air Force will carry out flights with F-16 aircraft without landing at a Bulgarian airport, the Ministry of Defense specifies.
From there they recall that the "Thracian Star" exercise has been held since 2010. However, the current exercise is also in the context of the war in Ukraine. Therefore, the ministry notes that one of the goals is to achieve higher interoperability of the Air Force for participation in operations under the auspices of NATO.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Defense Minister: Bulgaria will Continue to Support Ukraine in accordance with our National Capabilities
- » Bulgaria: The Explosive attached to the Drone found in Tyulenovo has been Neutralized
- » Bulgaria will Not Provide S-300 to Ukraine
- » Defense Minister: We are discussing a Response to Russia's actions in the Bulgarian Exclusive Zone in the Black Sea
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister: Russia's Black Sea Exercises in our Economic Zone are a Provocation
- » Bulgaria: Former Instructor in Ukraine’s Interior Ministry is the New Head of the Terem Weapons Plants