Indefinite Protest of Grain Producers from 3 Bulgarian Cities
Grain producers from Veliko Tarnovo, Ruse and Pleven are gathering on the main road Ruse - Pleven near the village of Gorna Studena to protest against the duty-free import of grain from Ukraine and against the strategic plan in agriculture.
The protest is open-ended, Dimitar Dimitrov, chairman of the Agricultural Cooperative in the village of Alexandrovo and coordinator of the protest, told the National Radio:
"It has been deliberately done so that we can fail and we can lose the subsidies that are due to us from the EU. This is very similar to what is happening with the farmers - the market has collapsed, our colleagues' warehouses are full of grain and they cannot realize profit. There is no market at the moment, but the harvest is approaching. We must have the means to pay our counterparties".
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria approved a Derogation for the Purchase of Parts and Materials for the Kozloduy NPP from Russia
- » Bulgaria will receive EUR 16 Million in Compensation due to large Imports of Grain from Ukraine
- » Bulgaria has Managed to Reduce Gas Demand by a record 24%
- » Bulgaria: Revenue Growth of nearly 13%
- » Vestbee launches New Program to Support Cleantech Startups
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister: Next Year the Minimum Wage should become BGN 940