US: TikTok is a Threat to National Security
The social platform TikTok, which teenagers around the world are crazy about, is about to be banned in the United States, BTA reports.
Yesterday, a bill to ban the Chinese mobile application was introduced, written by two senators - from the Republican and Democratic parties, which is about to be voted on.
US National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan said he "welcomed" the bill introduced yesterday, which would, among other things, ban apps like Tik Tok.
"The bill will allow the US government to prevent certain foreign countries from using technology services... in a way that threatens the confidential data of Americans and our national security," wrote the White House adviser, quoted by BTA.
According to many US lawmakers, the short video platform owned by the Chinese company ByteDance is a threat to national security.
The Tik Tok company protested and claimed that they have over 100,000,000 users in the United States. According to them, the app has already surpassed YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook in terms of "time spent" by adult Americans and is now close to the movie platform Netflix.
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 466 of the Invasion of Ukraine: At least 20 Injured after Russian Attack in Dnipro
- » The VP of the European Parliament: Bulgaria has done its Homework for Schengen
- » Day 465 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv is Ready to start its Counteroffensive says Zelensky
- » At least 280 Dead and over 900 Injured in a Crash between Two Trains in India
- » Tragedy in India: At least 50 Dead and hundreds Injured after Train Crash
- » 700 NATO troops have arrived in Northern Kosovo