Stoltenberg confirmed his Retirement for the Autumn of 2023
NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg has confirmed that he intends to leave his post in the fall of 2023. He said this in an interview with CNN.
"I'm leaving this fall. I'm sure the alliance will find a worthy person to replace me," he said. Asked if he was ready to stay if asked by alliance members, Stoltenberg said he did not want to speculate on something that had not yet happened. "I am focused on getting NATO help for Ukraine," he said. NATO spokeswoman Oana Lungescu told DPA on February 12 that Stoltenberg did not intend to extend his mandate, which expires this September. As noted by the agency, he has already extended his mandate three times and has been secretary general for almost nine years.
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 466 of the Invasion of Ukraine: At least 20 Injured after Russian Attack in Dnipro
- » The VP of the European Parliament: Bulgaria has done its Homework for Schengen
- » Day 465 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv is Ready to start its Counteroffensive says Zelensky
- » At least 280 Dead and over 900 Injured in a Crash between Two Trains in India
- » Tragedy in India: At least 50 Dead and hundreds Injured after Train Crash
- » 700 NATO troops have arrived in Northern Kosovo