Stoltenberg: Putin will use Winter as a Weapon in the War
Russian President Vladimir Putin will use winter as a weapon in the war that is causing much suffering to the Ukrainian people. This was stated by NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg upon his arrival at the meeting of foreign ministers of the alliance countries, which began in Bucharest.
"President Putin is responding with greater brutality, attacking gas infrastructure, power lines and trying to deprive Ukrainians of water, electricity, lighting and heating. NATO allies must therefore continue to provide unprecedented support to Ukraine, including by helping them rebuild their gas and energy infrastructure," Stoltenberg said at the Palace of Parliament in the Romanian capital.
He informed that NATO has delivered essential supplies, including generators, and increased its air and ground presence. "We will increase our presence. We will reposition ourselves. Including in the Black Sea, if necessary," said the secretary general of the alliance in response to a question about what decisions the organization will make regarding the Black Sea strategy.
Stoltenberg did not exclude the possibility of a second wave of refugees to Europe, as well as a new series of attacks by Russia. "We can expect more attacks. But no one can say exactly how much. At the moment, Russia is attacking civilian targets because it is unable to conquer territories and it is failing," the NATO Secretary General added.
Read more from the 279th day of the war in Ukraine.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 348 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin Promised Former Israeli PM to Not Kill Zelensky
- » Day 347 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Scholz claims Western Weapons will Not Hit Russia
- » Day 346 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky thinks Negotiations for EU can begin This Year, Germany has Evidence of War Crimes
- » Day 345 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Speculations about a Peace Plan and an End to the War
- » Day 344 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Von der Leyen visits Kyiv, Russian Officer witnessed Brutal Torture of Ukrainians (UPDATED)
- » Day 343 of the Invasion of Ukraine: US will provide Long-Awaited Longer-Range Weapons (UPDATED)