Bulgaria: 26 Illegal Migrants caught in Sofia
26 illegal migrants were caught in a police operation early this morning at 65 “Tsaribrodska Street” in Sofia.
The people are from Syria, Iraq and Morocco.
The migrants will be taken to the Third Police Station in the capital. After their explanations are written down, they will be taken to one of the migrant centers - of the Refugee Agency or the Ministry of the Interior in Sofia.
Pre-trial proceedings have been initiated in the case.
It remains to be clarified whether the address was a "depot" for illegal immigrants, from where they were transported to the Bulgarian-Serbian border.
In the last few months, more and more Moroccans have been detained. Experts comment that the reason for this is that Western European countries have strengthened security measures in the Mediterranean Sea, and Moroccans travel to Turkey without restrictions and from there attack the the Bulgarian-Turkish border
In recent months, the traffickers have changed their tactics and are driving the migrants to Sofia or directly to the Serbian border, instead of abandoning them on the "Trakia" highway, experts say.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister: Russia uses Fictitious Exercises in the Black Sea to Block Ukrainian Grain Exports
- » Bulgaria’s Consul in Zaporizhzhia turned out to be a Russian Collaborator
- » Russia wants Bulgaria to Reconsider its Decision to hand over S-300 Missiles to Ukraine
- » Bulgaria approved to send Defective S-300 Missiles to Ukraine
- » Providing Defective S-300 Missiles to Ukraine will Not Endanger the Bulgarian Air Defense
- » Defense Minister: Bulgaria will Continue to Support Ukraine in accordance with our National Capabilities