North Korea has declared itself a Nuclear State
The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) has declared by law that it is a nuclear-weapon state and that any decision on the use of nuclear weapons rests solely with its leader Kim Jong Un, South Korea's Yonhap news agency reported, citing North Korean state media.
The agency reported that a decree titled "Nuclear Weapons Policy" was passed by North Korea's 14th Supreme People's Assembly at its session on September 7.
The 11-point document includes provisions on the purpose of nuclear weapons, the composition of nuclear forces, their command and control, the implementation of decisions to use nuclear weapons, the principles and conditions of their use, mobilization, safe maintenance and protection.
The third clause on "command and control of nuclear weapons" states that the North Korean leader has exclusive authority over them and “makes all decisions regarding nuclear weapons”.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Grim Discovery: Over 1,000 Unmarked Graves Found Along EU Migrant Routes
- » Kremlin: No Peace Talks on Kyiv's Terms!
- » Day 653 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Aid to the Country has Fallen to its Lowest Level since the Start of the War
- » Genetic Study Reveals Strong Slavic Ancestry in Bulgarians, Romanians, and Croats Across the Balkans
- » US President and Israeli PM Focus on Separating Civilians from Hamas in Conflict Resolution
- » New Charges Against Joe Biden's Son