Fed: Inflation remains “Too High”
US Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell said US inflation remains "too high". This is how he explained the central bank's decision to raise the key interest rate by 75 basis points (or 0.75%). It is the fourth hike this year, with Powell hinting that it may be raised further in a bid to ease price pressures on consumers.
At the same time, Powell is of the opinion that the American economy is not in recession and can avoid such a scenario.
"We think there is a path we can take to reduce inflation while maintaining a strong labor market," he said.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » What is EBRD's Economic Forecast for Bulgaria
- » Crypto Glossary- a Rundown with all the Vocabulary necessary to learn in the Crypto Industry
- » Is It A Good Idea To Trade USDC
- » Half of Bulgarians Do Not Approve of the Euro: Top 3 Eurozone Skeptics
- » Financial Advise for UK Expats Worldwide
- » Bulgaria: The Acceleration of Inflation Slows Down in August