Biden backs Turkey's F-16 request
US President Joe Biden has approved the sale of upgraded F-16 fighter jets to Turkey, White House spokeswoman Karine Jean-Pierre said.
"Our position on the F-16 issue is extremely clear. We have been discussing this issue for months. President Biden supports this request of Turkey," emphasized Jean-Pierre.
US President Joe Biden said at a press conference after the NATO summit in Madrid that the US should supply F-16s to Ankara.
"We need to sell to Turkey and modernize the F-16s. Any other step is not in the interest of the United States. We need to get the support of Congress and I think we will get it," the US president said.
On July 5, a group of senators from the US House of Representatives sent a letter to the White House chief criticizing Biden's position on the sale of modernized F-16 jets to Turkey.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 50% Jump in the Prices of Used Cars, People Wait for Months to Buy a New One
- » Apple warns of Vulnerability in its Operating Systems, Advises to Update Software
- » Bulgaria will Seek Gas from Azerbaijan, Turkey or Russia
- » The Interconnector with Greece is Now Connected to the Bulgarian Network
- » Bulgaria has received Offers for the Supply of Natural Gas with a Secured Unloading Slot
- » These Bulgarian Electric Vehicles will be Among the Most Affordable on the World Market