The United States announced the Largest Increase in Interest Rates since 1994
The US Federal Reserve has announced the most aggressive rate hike in nearly 30 years and has announced readiness for a new increase next month as a major step in the fight against rising inflation.
Raising interest rates by 0.75 percentage points is "essential" to reducing inflation, and politicians "have both the tools we need and the determination to restore the price stability of American families," said Jerome Powell, head of the Federal Reserve.
The Federal Open Market Committee, which sets the Federal Reserve's policy, raised the reference interest rate on loans in the range of 1.5-1.75 percent, from zero at the beginning of the year.
US President Joe Biden has approved an increase in interest rates in the fight against rising prices for gasoline, food, cars and many other goods.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Default: For the First Time in a Century, Russia has Not Repaid its Government Debt in Foreign Currency
- » Day 123 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Explosions in Kyiv, Widodo will meet Zelensky and Putin
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister: We may Not Get a New Proposal
- » Belgrade: The Creation of the Serbian World is a Process that Cannot be Stopped
- » Day 122 of the Invasion of Ukraine: All of Luhansk under Russian Control except Lysychansk
- » Biden on the Abolition of Abortion Rights in the US: A Tragic Mistake