Scholz: Russia will Not Win its War in Ukraine
“Russia will not win its war in Ukraine, and the terms of any peace should not be dictated by Russian President Vladimir Putin”. This was stated by German Chancellor Olaf Scholz in a speech at the World Economic Forum in Davos.
"So far, Putin has failed to achieve any of his strategic goals, and he will only negotiate seriously for peace if he realizes that he cannot break through Ukraine's defenses," the German chancellor said.
Scholz reiterated that Germany will diversify its energy imports to reduce dependence on Russian fossil fuels and advocate globalization and multilateralism in the face of food and supply chain crises.
"We must make sure that the necessary diversification does not become an excuse for isolation, customs barriers and protectionism. Deglobalisation is not the right way, it will not work," he insisted.
Meanwhile, Russian authorities have rejected claims by the United States and the European Union that Moscow is blocking grain exports from Ukraine. Russia claims that the sanctions imposed on it are the cause of the problems with the export of raw materials from Ukraine.
Kyiv, in turn, accuses Moscow of taking hundreds of tons of Ukrainian wheat from the occupied territories.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 129 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv accused Russia of shelling Snake Island with Phosphorus Bombs
- » Day 128 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Casualties in Odessa after Rocket Attack
- » Henry Kissinger: There are Three Possible Ways Out of the War in Ukraine
- » The Hypocrisy of the EU on Ukraine
- » UAE sends Aid to Ukrainian Refugees in Bulgaria
- » Day 127 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Syria Recognized the Separatist "Republics" in Donbas, Zelensky broke Diplomatic Relations with Assad