Turkey has Blocked NATO Аccession Тalks with Finland and Sweden
Turkey has blocked the start of NATO accession talks with Finland and Sweden, an alliance source told the DPA.
According to the NATO source, the applications for the two countries' accession to NATO were expected to be discussed today, which would start the process of their accession to the alliance, but due to Ankara's position, the negotiations did not start.
The Turkish side has made it clear that it cannot approve their start at the moment, the DPA notes.
Sweden and Finland have applied to join NATO, and NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg has accepted the applications today.
Yesterday we reported of this action due to Erdogan's final decision.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister: The Macedonian Language will become Official in the EU
- » The Czech Republic will also Expel 70 People from its Russian Embassy
- » Day 129 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv accused Russia of shelling Snake Island with Phosphorus Bombs
- » Google will Delete the Location of Women who visited Abortion Clinics in the US
- » NATO and the EU Fully Support Bulgaria after the Expulsion of 70 Russian Diplomats
- » Day 128 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Casualties in Odessa after Rocket Attack