Finland joining NATO is "very likely"
It is “very likely” that Finland will join NATO, and the application process should be as quick as possible.
This opinion was expressed by the Finnish Minister for European Affairs Tytti Tuppurainen. In an interview with Sky News, she explained that there is currently a profound change in relations between Russia and Finland and that the people of her country seem to have already made the decision, and the majority of supporters of the alliance is “huge”.
The issue, of course, must be decided in parliament, because Finland is a parliamentary democracy and the decision has not been made by politicians, but the possibility remains, Tuppurainen explained. Earlier, opposition parties in the country said they were ready to support such a decision.
Russia is threatening “serious consequences” if Sweden and Finland join. Earlier, Stockholm and Helsinki announced that the final decision is expected in a few weeks.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Europe is facing a Recession
- » NATO and the EU Fully Support Bulgaria after the Expulsion of 70 Russian Diplomats
- » The Czech EU Presidency: Rethink, Rebuild, Repower
- » EU Roaming Rules Extended until 2032
- » Macron: Thank you Bulgaria, Congratulations North Macedonia
- » "This is your European Duty": Macron urges Bulgaria to Support the Veto Compromise on North Macedonia