Russia has Left the Council of Europe
Russia has left the Council of Europe, getting ahead of the Strasbourg-based human rights group.
The Council of Europe had frozen Russian membership since February 25, the day after the invasion of Ukraine began.
Last week, Moscow said NATO and European Union countries were undermining the Council and that Russia would no longer participate.
Russia is only the second country to leave the organization. Greece acted in a similar way in 1969, but rejoined five years after democracy was restored.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Putin: Russia now has Four New Territories, We are ready for Negotiations with Ukraine
- » Russia has declared the Nord Stream Leaks “State Terrorism” and turned its attention to the US
- » Tomorrow Putin will Sign the Annexation Agreements of One Fifth of Ukraine
- » Russian Nuclear Threats: US steps up Surveillance, Poland wants “Devastating” NATO response
- » Medvedev: If Moscow is Forced to use Nuclear Weapons in Ukraine, NATO will Not Retaliate
- » 17 are the Victims of Yesterday's Shooting in Russia