The Council of Europe has Expelled Russia
The Council of Europe has suspended Russia's membership, the BBC reported.
In accordance with the Statute of the Council of Europe, the Committee of Ministers decided to suspend the rights of the Russian Federation's representation in the Committee and in the Parliamentary Assembly.
The reason is the Russian invasion of Ukraine, ordered by Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Complaints against the Russian Federation will continue to be heard and resolved by the Strasbourg Court of Human Rights.
Russia's exclusion from the Council of Europe is not a final measure, but a temporary one to keep the channels of communication open.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Serbia and Russia will Coordinate their Foreign Policies
- » After Putin’s Announcement: One-Way Tickets for Flights from Russia Sold Out in Minutes
- » Putin Announces a Partial Military Mobilization (UPDATED)
- » Erdogan: Russia should return the Occupied Lands to Ukraine, Putin wants an End to the War
- » Xi Jinping: Beijing is Ready to Work Together with Russia, as "Great Powers"
- » Putin: Western Sanctions Pose a Threat to the Entire World