Two Killed in Donbas, Separatists blame Ukraine
Russian-backed rebels in eastern Ukraine said on Monday that two civilians had been killed in a shelling by Ukrainian government forces, Reuters reported, citing Russia's RIA Novosti news agency. Representatives of the self-proclaimed Luhansk People's Republic said the shelling took place late Sunday, BTA reported.
Kyiv and the separatists, who have been at war for eight years, have blamed each other in recent days for breaches of the ceasefire and the use of heavy weapons such as mortars and artillery. Russia, which has amassed more than 100,000 troops on its border with Ukraine, says it is concerned about the escalation of violence.
The presidents of the United States and Russia, Joe Biden and Vladimir Putin have agreed in principle to meet and discuss the situation in Ukraine, the cabinet of French President Emmanuel Macron said today, holding telephone talks with the two leaders on Sunday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 580 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia hits Izmail
- » Day 579 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv has received American Abrams Tanks
- » Day 578 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv’s Forces continue the Counteroffensive in Southeast
- » Day 577 of the Invasion of Ukraine: New Attack on Sevastopol
- » Day 576 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv hit the HQ of Russia's Black Sea Fleet in Crimea
- » Day 575 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Deputy Commander of the Russian Northern Fleet Killed in Nagorno-Karabakh