Bulgaria: Jump in Prices of Greenhouse Vegetables is Expected in Spring
Greenhouse vegetable prices are expected to rise in the spring due to higher electricity and gas prices.
On BNT the vegetable producer Ivaylo Peshev from Kresna said that the overhead costs for his greenhouse have risen several times. The prices of the raw materials he uses for his production have also increased dramatically.
Peshev is not committed to the final price of his products, but clarified that he will comply with the situation on the vegetable market, and expectations there are for a jump.
In order to save his production, Ivailo has been forced to change his work schedule and is now a month and a half late compared to last year. He says the situation is similar with other colleagues, so Bulgarian greenhouse vegetables are expected to hit the market later in the season than usual.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Cherries from Greece and Turkey are expected to Flood the Market in Bulgaria
- » Decline in Industrial Production in the EU in March but Increase in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Employers with a National Protest on May 18 over Electricity and Fuel Prices
- » Trucks and Buses blocked Tsarigradsko Blvd in Sofia and All Entrances to Plovdiv
- » Will VR & Mobiles Retire PCs in the Future?
- » 100 Buses and 300 Trucks took part in the Protest of Carriers in Sofia