The New Swedish Transgender-Minister: “We are the New Normal”
"We are the new normal." This was stated by the first transgender minister in Sweden Lina Axelsson Kilblom in 2018. She takes office a year after Belgium appointed the first deputy prime minister for transgender issues in Europe, Swedish television SVT reports.
Kilblom, 51, a former school principal and lawyer, has been appointed a minister in Prime Minister Magdalena Andersson's new Social Democratic government. Yesterday, Andersson officially became the first woman to head Sweden's government.
In the book “Will You Love Me Now?” Kilblom tells how she was a girl that grew up in a boy's body and at the age of 25, she decided to change her gender. Transgender people, she says, "have always existed, exist today, and we are no longer ashamed." "We are the new normal," she told public television SVT in 2018. Kilblom is also divorced and the mother of two adopted children. She will be in charge of primary and secondary schools, and Education Minister Anna Ekström will be in charge of higher education.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's President: Ukraine in NATO after a Peaceful Settlement of the Conflict between Kyiv and Moscow
- » Elections in Bulgaria: BSP will Not Form a Coalition with GERB and its Leader will Not Resign
- » Elections in Bulgaria: Can a Government be Formed? Lowest Voter Activity in 32 years (UPDATED)
- » Kiril Petkov: We will Refuse an Invitation from GERB to form a Government
- » Leader of Bulgarian Rise: We can accept any Coalition that is in the Interest of the Citizens
- » Elections in Bulgaria: Which Party Won the Most in Which Provinces