The UN Secretary-General has called for a New Global Vaccination Plan
Only a global vaccination plan can end the global pandemic and this unfair and immoral situation, UN Secretary-General António Guterres was quoted as saying by world news agencies today.
Despite the development of effective vaccines in record time, there were more deaths in 2021 than in 2020, and "the pandemic continues to wreak havoc in developed and developing countries," Guterres said at the annual video meeting of the foreign ministers from the Group 77(developing countries) and China.
Everyone should have access to vaccines, tests and treatment against COVID-19, stressed the UN Secretary General. The World Health Organization's (WHO) vaccination strategy against COVID-19 is to vaccinate 40 percent of the population by the end of the year and 70 percent by the middle of next year, he said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Mathematician: By the end of the week Omicron will be dominant in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian professor: Endless vaccination with the same vaccine is not a good idea
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 2379 new cases in the last 24 hours
- » Bulgarian Health Minister: The Green Certificate for post-illness remains
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 4389 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Arriving in Bulgaria: Children aged 12 to 18 from Red Zone countries must present a PCR test