The Turkish Foreign Ministry Summoned the Bulgarian Ambassador to Ankara
Bulgaria's ambassador to Turkey, Angel Cholakov, was summoned to an emergency meeting at the Turkish Foreign Ministry late last night for talks.
At a meeting with Ambassador Cholakov, the Turkish side rejected allegations that official institutions in the country were interfering in Bulgaria's internal affairs and redirecting voters during the Bulgarian elections. This was announced by the official television of the country TRT.
At the meeting with the Bulgarian ambassador in Ankara, the Turkish side presented a position in which the summoning of the Turkish ambassador to the Bulgarian Foreign Ministry and "the placing on the agenda of unfounded allegations by the Bulgarian institutions was met with misunderstanding." It was stated that Ankara expects the vote in Turkey not to be abused in Bulgarian domestic politics. Ambassador Cholakov was handed a note, TRT also reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Nova: The Biden administration is not considering sanctions against Bulgaria
- » US Congresswoman does not rule out sanctions against Bulgaria over North Macedonia
- » Bulgarian PM on his future visit to North Macedonia: I come with readiness for a new beginning
- » 30 years ago Bulgaria was first in the world to recognize the independence of North Macedonia
- » American expert: It depends on Bulgaria whether it wants to return to Russian control
- » US Embassy in Sofia: We have Not Raised the Question of the "Macedonian Minority"