The Turkish Foreign Ministry Summoned the Bulgarian Ambassador to Ankara
Bulgaria's ambassador to Turkey, Angel Cholakov, was summoned to an emergency meeting at the Turkish Foreign Ministry late last night for talks.
At a meeting with Ambassador Cholakov, the Turkish side rejected allegations that official institutions in the country were interfering in Bulgaria's internal affairs and redirecting voters during the Bulgarian elections. This was announced by the official television of the country TRT.
At the meeting with the Bulgarian ambassador in Ankara, the Turkish side presented a position in which the summoning of the Turkish ambassador to the Bulgarian Foreign Ministry and "the placing on the agenda of unfounded allegations by the Bulgarian institutions was met with misunderstanding." It was stated that Ankara expects the vote in Turkey not to be abused in Bulgarian domestic politics. Ambassador Cholakov was handed a note, TRT also reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » North Macedonia's President: I will Not Negotiate History with Bulgaria
- » MFA Warned: Bulgarians with Dual Citizenship in Russia are Subject to Mobilization
- » Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Bulgarian Citizens should Hastily Leave Russia
- » Bulgaria’s MFA: The so-called Referendums in Ukraine will Not be Recognized
- » The Bulgarian Embassy in Kyiv is Working Again
- » US Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Central and Eastern Europe Robin Dunnigan Visits Bulgaria