COP26: 190 Countries have Pledged to Abandon Coal
190 countries and international organizations have committed to giving up coal, it became clear at the International Climate Conference in Glasgow.
Behind the cause are large coal users such as Poland, Vietnam and Chile.
The signatories of the agreement undertake to stop all domestic and foreign investments in coal energy capacities. They must be decommissioned in the 1930s in large economies and in poorer countries in the 1940s.
However, the commitment has not been signed by some of the countries most dependent on coal, such as Australia, India, China and the United States. In 2019, coal accounted for 37% of world electricity production.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy with Max. Temperatures between 3°C and 8°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Lowest Temp. in the Country was Measured in Kyustendil -10 °C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Max. Temperatures between Minus 1°C and 4°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Snowfall and Strong Wind in 4 districts in the South
- » Weather in Bulgaria: An Ice Cold Period is Coming
- » Bulgaria: Over 20 Centimeters of Snow Accumulated on Petrohan Pass