Bulgarian Oligarch Delyan Peevski Summoned for Questioning at SANS
Notorious Bulgarian oligarch and politician Delyan Peevski was summoned today at 1 pm to State Agency for National Security
Minutes ago, he entered the agency building for questioning.
According to information from the international investigation "Pandora's Files", he is connected with 3 offshore companies, for which there is no trace in the property declarations submitted by him.
The Bird.bg website published data related to Delyan Peevski, who accuse him of tax evasion.
Novinite.com reminds that Peevski serves as MP from the parliamentary group of DPS in the 41st, 42nd, 43rd, and 44th National Assembly. According to Reporters Without Borders, his media group consisting of 6 newspapers, “New Bulgarian Media Group” controls nearly 80% of print media distribution in Bulgaria.
He has been accused of using his newspapers for influence peddling and to launch attack campaigns against journalists and other opponents. Peevski was accused of corruption in a Reporters Without Borders 2018 report. His infelunce of the media in Bulgaria and other evidence of corruption led the US to implement the Magnitsky Act mechanism to impose sanctions against Peevski in June 2021.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Leader of “Democratic Bulgaria”: "Gazprom" is a Geopolitical Weapon
- » Bulgaria will Repair its MiG-29 Fighters in Poland
- » Bulgaria Suspends Visas for Russians with Property in Bulgaria and for Tourists from Russia
- » Bulgaria: Hundreds Protested against the President and his Caretaker Government Last Night
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister: Migrant Pressure has Increased, but there are No Conditions for Concern
- » Russia Expelled 14 Bulgarian Diplomats