Bulgarian Politicians' Populist Rhetoric Hinders Vaccination Rollout
Politicians are extremely timid to support vaccines so as not to lose voters who are against immuno prophylaxis, lawyer Maria Sharkova, a medical law specialist, told BNR. "This is an extremely unpleasant problem, because the election cascade has put us in a situation where politicians say convenient things to attract voters, without caring that this rhetoric has a serious impact on public health," the expert added.
Anyone who is not vaccinated contributes to the difficulty of accessing medical care in overcrowded hospitals in a pandemic, Sharkova stressed./BNR
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » WHO: The Pandemic is Far from Over
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Issuance of Certificates for Post-Illness after Antigen Test Begins Today
- » Bulgaria: GPs are Still Unable to Prescribe Free Prescriptions for Covid Drugs
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1370 New Cases, 40 Dead, 7156 Newly Vaccinated in Last 24h
- » Checks for "Green Certificates" in Bulgaria Start Tomorrow
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Children from 1st to 4th Grade can Return to Class in 7 to 10 days