Bulgarian Politicians' Populist Rhetoric Hinders Vaccination Rollout
Politicians are extremely timid to support vaccines so as not to lose voters who are against immuno prophylaxis, lawyer Maria Sharkova, a medical law specialist, told BNR. "This is an extremely unpleasant problem, because the election cascade has put us in a situation where politicians say convenient things to attract voters, without caring that this rhetoric has a serious impact on public health," the expert added.
Anyone who is not vaccinated contributes to the difficulty of accessing medical care in overcrowded hospitals in a pandemic, Sharkova stressed./BNR
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Sharp Jump in New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: Third Case of Monkeypox has been Confirmed
- » Bulgarian Doctor Kunchev: In 2-3 weeks We Expect a Peak of a New COVID-19 Wave
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 123 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 240 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 254 New Cases in the Last 24 hours