Ministry of Foreign Affairs Confirmed: Three Bulgarians Died in Côte d’Ivoire
They were aboard a Mi-24 military helicopter
The information about three Bulgarian citizens who died in a helicopter accident in Côte d’Ivoire has been confirmed. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs stated that they had been notified through unofficial channels through the embassy in Nigeria.
The relatives of the Bulgarians who died on September 10 have been informed and the Foreign Ministry is ready to assist them.
Bulgaria's embassy in Nigeria is in contact with the authorities of Côte d’Ivoire, who are investigating the accident, and continues to expect from them official confirmation of Bulgarian citizens killed in the incident, it is clear from the announcement.
The tragedy occurred on September 9-10 during a reconnaissance mission near the border with Burkina Faso. All five on board the Mi-24 attack helicopter died in the incident.
It is possible that the machine was shot down by jihadists.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The New US Ambassador: Bulgaria is a Strategic Partner and Ally of the United States
- » The Bulgarian Cultural and Information Center moved to Downtown Skopje
- » Bulgaria’s MFA handed a Note of Protest to the Ambassador of North Macedonia after the Shooting in Ohrid
- » Another Provocation! Shooting at the Bulgarian Club "Tsar Boris III" in North Macedonia
- » MFA on Russia's Propaganda Rhetoric: Bulgaria's Position is in Support of Ukraine
- » Russia on Bulgaria’s Military Aid to Ukraine: A Hostile Act, further Worsening our Relations