170 Forest Fires Extinguished in Bulgaria for 24 hours
Nearly 170 forest fires in the country have been extinguished in a day, most of them without material damage. This is according to a report of the General Directorate "Fire Safety and Protection of the Population".
Last night a large forest fire broke out at the 76th kilometer of the Trakia highway, near the junction for Kalugerovo in the direction of Bourgas. Two firefighters and two jeeps with 14 firefighters, as well as a pickup truck with forest employees took part in the extinguishing. Self-wooded pine trees, dry grasses and bushes have burned. The fire was extinguished on an area of about 50 acres, of which 5 acres of wheat.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Heavy Rain in 10 Provinces, Strong Wind in 5
- » Yellow and Orange Wind Codes in almost all of Bulgaria
- » Owner of Patagonia Donated All Profits to Save the Planet
- » Yellow Code for Strong Winds in 12 Regions of Bulgaria for September 12
- » More than 3000 Lightnings fell in an hour in Bulgaria - Stara Zagora and Karlovo are Flooded
- » Bulgaria is Threatened with a Fine of an Eight Figure Sum in Euros because of Landfills