Democratic Bulgaria Declines GERB’s Invitation for Consultations on Government
“We verbally and in writing have declined an invitation for a meeting with the candidate for Prime Minister nominated by GERB,” announced at a briefing in parliament Atanas Atanasov, Vice-President of Parliament from the quota of Democratic Bulgaria. Earlier today GERB invited the representatives of Democratic Bulgaria which is GERB’s fellow member in the European People's Party.
Here is the official reply of Democratic Bulgaria to GERB-UDF coalition’s invitation for consultations on cabinet composition:
"In response to your invitation for consultations on the exploratory mandate served for the formation of the cabinet of GERB-UDF, I would like to inform you that the cause of Democratic Bulgaria and our election commitments for profound reforms in judicial system and fight against systemic corruption rule out the possibility to accept your proposal. GERB continues to be a major proponent of the vicious management model "Borissov" and all attempts to promote a showcase government of dummies in no way changes this fact".
Meanwhile it became clear that There Is Such a People (TISP) also rejected GERB's proposal to partake in consultations on the formation of government. TISP floor leader Toshko Yordanov called the GERB declaration "uber stupid" and said it was full of falsities. "Everybody in this room, who is not GERB, should know that if they support GERB for anything, they would betray the people," he said.
He also said that they will wait to see what GERB does with the government mandate before announcing their own plans about possibly proposing a government.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend
- » Bulgaria: Head of State Agency for Wiretapping Replaced by President Radev