Serbia: Islamic Leader Allows Vaccine Shots during Ramadan
The Reisu-l-Ulema of the Islamic Community of Serbia, Sead Nasufović, said on Monday that followers of Islam can receive the COVID-19 vaccine during the Ramadan fast.
“Not a drop of water may be drunk during fasting, food may not be ingested and medicines may not be used, but it is permitted to receive a vaccine if it does not contain any nutrients, which is the case with this vaccine,” Nasufović told a news conference to mark the start of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.
Nasufović said that he had spoken with World Health Organisation representatives in Serbia about raising believers’ awareness of the vaccination process and that the country’s Muslim community had been good about observing distancing measures in mosques./Euractiv
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian PM attended a Pilgrimage to the Relics of St. Cyril in Rome
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 96 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » The flow of Money from Emigrants to Bulgaria has been Decreasing
- » WHO has data on 92 Cases of Monkeypox from 12 Non-Endemic Countries
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 92 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 239 New Cases in the Last 24 hours