Bulgaria Recovers after Disastrous Floods
Bulgaria is recovering after the water disaster. There are still closed roads. Due to the heavy rainfall, the road to Gotse Delchev collapsed. Yesterday, emergency crews were trying to reinforce the cracked lane.
Landslides have buried several houses in the Dospat region. The floods caused huge material damage.
Gotse Delchev - Dospat road remains closed.
The levels of the Iskar, Blato, Struma and Mesta rivers remain high.
High waters of the Iskar river brought a huge amount of municipal waste piling up near Svoge HPP. The plant managers say that before cleaning starts the level of water has to drop further.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Prosecution Office Requested More Info from US on Sanctioned Bulgarian Nationals under Magnitsky Act
- » Bulgaria’s Sofia Tech Park to Boast Most Powerful Computer
- » Bulgaria Requests from US Additional Info on Persons Sanctioned under Magnitski Act
- » Passenger Vehicle Sales See Sharp Uptick in Bulgaria
- » EU Health Commissioner Comes to Sofia to Discuss Pandemic Issues, Vaccination
- » Bulgaria: President Radev Briefs EU, US Ambassadors on Caretaker Government Priorities