World Mourns Football Legend Paolo Rossi
Paolo Rossi, Italy's goalscoring hero from their victorious 1982 World Cup campaign, has died from “an incurable disease”, aged 64.
Italian TV channel RAI Sport, where Rossi had been working as a pundit, said on Thursday "Pablito" had died of an "incurable disease".
"Such terribly sad news: Paolo Rossi has left us," RAI Sport presenter Enrico Varriale tweeted.
"Unforgettable Pablito, who made all of us fall in love in that summer of 1982 and who was a precious and competent work colleague in RAI over recent years."
Rossi won two Serie A titles, a European Cup and a Coppa Italia with Juventus but will be most fondly remembered for his six goals at the 1982 World Cup in Spain./Independent
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Top Player Grigor Dimitrov Will Face Lloyd Harris at Madrid Masters
- » European Super League Collapsed less than 72 Hours After It Was Announced
- » Real Madrid President Perez - Super League Created to 'save football'
- » FIFA President Warns Super League Clubs: Either You Are In Or You Are Out
- » New Super League Threatens to Blow Up European Football
- » Verstappen wins Emilia Romagna Grand Prix in Italy