ECONOMY MINISTER MET IMF MISSION LEADER
Business | September 18, 2001, Tuesday // 00:00
The Bulgarian Economy Minister Nikolay Vassilev met the leader of the International Monetary Fund mission to Bulgaria Jerald Schiff. The meeting lasted two hours. The representatives of the Finance Ministry presented to the IMF representatives the entire government economic program. They discussed with Schiff the possibilities for the country`s economic growth in the next two years, the privatization and liquidation processes, the foreign investments and trade, the banks privatization and whether it was necessary to have VAT for tourism services. `The IMF officials asked very hard questions. I think that the Finance Ministry representatives clarified the ministry`s position perfectly and answered the questions very well,` Nikolay Vassilev told journalists after the meeting. He added that he expects good results and that the agreement with IMF will be signed in the near future. The IMF mission leader said that he cannot identify a specific time when the agreement will be signed since many discussions are still to be held. `IMF mission has some concerns for the fiscal policy of the government,` Schiff said. The Fund will continue to support the Bulgarian economic reforms according to him.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Revenue Growth of nearly 13%
- » Vestbee launches New Program to Support Cleantech Startups
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister: Next Year the Minimum Wage should become BGN 940
- » Trump: I will be Arrested on Tuesday! Go out to Protest!
- » Despite the High Prices of Eggs in Bulgaria - They are Still the Cheapest in the EU
- » TME catalogue now includes Murata and Murata Power Solutions Products