Climatologist: News about Winter in Bulgaria Is Disappointing
Climatologists say that winter comes into own in Bulgaria as of today. December, January and February are precisely winter months in our latitudes. No wonder if in some regions temperatures fall below - 10°C, Climatologist Prof. Georgi Rachev explained.
From tomorrow, however, a warm spell begins. Prof. Rachev predicts a warmer than usual December. He also said that there will be more rains than the monthly norms in Eastern Bulgaria.
"I sincerely hope that there will be forecasts for rain," said the climatologist, who stressed that in Eastern Bulgaria the drought is serious.
"We are not likely to have snow for Christmas and New Year," Prof. Rachev said.
"Winter will show itself in true colors, but for only a short time," he added.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Global Ice Sheet Melting Much Faster Than in 1990
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Dangerously Strong Wind, Snow is Coming
- » 7.3 Magnitude Quake hits South Shetland Islands
- » Bulgaria: Ministry of Environment Slaps Stiff Fines on Polluting Mayors
- » Bulgaria: Nevestino Villagers Start Strouma River Cleanup on Their Own
- » Three Earthquakes Registered in Bulgaria Tonight