PM Borissov Discussed Hot Topics with Angela Merkel
Bulgaria’s Premier Boyko Borissov had a telephone conversation with Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany Angela Merkel
The two heads of government discussed topics that will be on the to Chancellor Merkel: Now is the Moment to Show We Can Uniteagenda of the upcoming video conference of the European Union leaders tonight.
The Bulgarian Prime Minister expressed satisfaction with the report of the German Presidency of the EU Council on the progress of the EU coordinated approach in response to the pandemic. Borissov stressed that the European Union must further stand united in the fight against the impact of the pandemic, the government press service reported.
Prime Minister Boyko Borisov thanked Chancellor Merkel for the agreement reached by the German Presidency with the EP on the next Multiannual Financial Framework and the Recovery Package. Prime Minister Borisov expressed hope that the framework and decision on own resources will be approved as soon as possible by the EU Council in order for Member States to make use of these instruments and financial resources timely and fully to combat the virus and its impact. The Bulgarian Prime Minister was adamant that now is the time to show our citizens that we can unite and act together. Borissov pointed out that the proposed package for the MFF and the "Next Generation EU" is balanced and acceptable for our country. /BGNES
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Will Not Close Its Winter Resorts
- » Turkish Judge Sentenced Hundreds for Life in Jail over 2016 Coup Attempt
- » NCTC to Discuss Plan for Reconstruction and Sustainability Tomorrow, November 27
- » Court Rules: Atanas Bobokov Released on Record BGN 2 Million Bail
- » COVID-19: Germany Will Try to Get EU Deal to Close Ski Resorts
- » Premier of North Macedonia: We Don’t Have Shared History with Bulgaria, We Have Common History