Anti-Government Protests in Bulgaria, Day 83
The 83rd night of anti-government protests passed calmly and without escalating tensions.
This time, in addition to the resignation of the government and the chief prosecutor, the people in the square also demanded the resignation of Deputy Parliament Speaker Valeri Simeonov for speaking critically to state television over the protests.
At around 9 pm, the protesters left for their traditional march to the Eagle Bridge.
The "Poisonous trio" sent evidence of corruption to MEPs.
Earlier today, protest organizers from the poisonous trio sent an email to all 705 MEPs, which contained evidence of corrupt practices and how they were covered up by government ministers. The reason is the forthcoming debate on 5 October in the European Parliament on the rule of law.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Europe’s External Borders May Be Sealed Amid Rising Coronavirus Toll
- » Bulgaria: Hotel in Sunny Beach Resort "Saved" Bleak Season with Cannabis Greenhouse
- » Opera Star Placido Domingo Celebrates His 80th Birthday
- » Bulgarian Parliament Adopts Law Recognizing Sign Language as Official Language
- » Bulgaria’s Chief Health Inspector: UK Covid-19 Strain Will Spill over to Entire Europe
- » January 21: International Hugs Day, Babinden in Bulgaria