Protests in Bulgaria: Maritsa Highway Was Blocked
Protesters blocked the Maritsa highway in the area of the road junction for the village of Kapitan Andreevo, Nova TV reported. The action was not made public in advance, although police had similar information.
In the evening, dozens of police cars were stationed on the road between Haskovo and Dimitrovgrad. There were also patrols at the entrances and exits of the highway.
After stopping traffic on the Maritsa highway, protesters began setting up tents. Columns of cars formed.
Demonstrators are demanding the resignation of the government and the chief prosecutor.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: New Cases are Increasing
- » “Thracian Secret Societies” available in English and Bulgarian for All the History Buffs
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 801 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Woman, Life, Freedom... Protest in front of the Iranian embassy in Sofia
- » Bulgaria is First in the EU in Mortality from Cardiovascular Diseases
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 752 New Cases in the Last 24 hours