Protests in Bulgaria: Maritsa Highway Was Blocked
Protesters blocked the Maritsa highway in the area of the road junction for the village of Kapitan Andreevo, Nova TV reported. The action was not made public in advance, although police had similar information.
In the evening, dozens of police cars were stationed on the road between Haskovo and Dimitrovgrad. There were also patrols at the entrances and exits of the highway.
After stopping traffic on the Maritsa highway, protesters began setting up tents. Columns of cars formed.
Demonstrators are demanding the resignation of the government and the chief prosecutor.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's Minister of Health Introduces Three New Orders for the Emergency Epidemic Situation
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Golden Autumn, Up to 35 Degrees in October
- » Anti-Government Protests in Bulgaria, Day 83
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 276 Newly Registered Cases, 20547 Total
- » New COVID-19 Outbreak in a Sewing Factory in Bulgaria's City Aytos
- » Researchers Developed A Cheaper and Faster COVID-19 Test