Protests in Bulgaria: Maritsa Highway Was Blocked
Protesters blocked the Maritsa highway in the area of the road junction for the village of Kapitan Andreevo, Nova TV reported. The action was not made public in advance, although police had similar information.
In the evening, dozens of police cars were stationed on the road between Haskovo and Dimitrovgrad. There were also patrols at the entrances and exits of the highway.
After stopping traffic on the Maritsa highway, protesters began setting up tents. Columns of cars formed.
Demonstrators are demanding the resignation of the government and the chief prosecutor.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Number of Students Willing to Study Abroad Dwindling - Bulgarian Education Ministry
- » The Economist Demands Resignaion of Kristalina Georgieva as Head of the IMF
- » Five Climbers Die in Elbrus, Europe's Highest Peak in Russian Caucasus
- » EU Common e-device Chargers - Make It or Break It
- » The Situation with COVID-19 in the Balkans
- » Prof. Vitanov Sends New Alarm: Universe May Be Drowned in Our Tears