Protests in Bulgaria: Maritsa Highway Was Blocked
Protesters blocked the Maritsa highway in the area of the road junction for the village of Kapitan Andreevo, Nova TV reported. The action was not made public in advance, although police had similar information.
In the evening, dozens of police cars were stationed on the road between Haskovo and Dimitrovgrad. There were also patrols at the entrances and exits of the highway.
After stopping traffic on the Maritsa highway, protesters began setting up tents. Columns of cars formed.
Demonstrators are demanding the resignation of the government and the chief prosecutor.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Opinion: Are Doctors who Lie about COVID-19 Responsible for their Actions
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Local Measures are being Introduced
- » Bulgaria: How do Children handle COVID-19 and When should we take them to a Doctor
- » A Study: Millions Die due to Antibiotic Resistance
- » Bill Gates: The Coronavirus is a Flower against the Backdrop of Impending Pandemics
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Max. Temperatures between 6°C and 11°C