WHO: The Virus Originated from Bats, not from a Laboratory
The World Health Organization announced today that all available evidence indicates that the new coronavirus originated from bats in China late last year and has not been manipulated or created in a laboratory, according to BNR.
US President Donald Trump said last week that his government was trying to determine if the virus was created in a lab in Wuhan.
“All available evidence suggests the virus has an animal origin and is not a manipulated or constructed virus in a lab or somewhere else,” WHO spokeswoman Fadela Chaib told a news briefing in Geneva, Reuters reported Tuesday.
“It is probable, likely that the virus is of animal origin,” she said, adding that there had “certainly” been an intermediate animal host before the virus had been transmitted to humans.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 3.4-Magnitute Earthquake in Vrancea, Romania
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 53 Newly Registered Cases in 1275 PCR Tests
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 32: Three Key Crossroads Remain Blocked
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 134 Newly Registered Cases, 13343 Total
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 195 Newly Registered Cases in 5837 PCR Tests