The Employment Agency Reported 6.7% Unemployment Increase in March
The Employment Agency reported 6.7% unemployment in March, when the state of emergency because of the coronavirus was introduced. In comparison with February, unemployment increased by 0.5 percentage points and by 0.8 percentage points on annual basis (compared to March 2019).
A total of 220,072 people were registered as unemployed by the end of March. Compared to February, they were up by 17 572, and compared to the same month last year - by 25 469 more.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU Council: The European Union Must Use Nuclear Power to Ensure its Energy Independence
- » Grace Period for the Introdution of a "Green Certificate" has expired. From Today Controls Begin
- » Director of Hospital: More and More Young People and Children Suffer a Severe COVID-19
- » Bulgarian Tour Operators Expect a Difficult Winter Season
- » Unemployment in Bulgaria is Starting to Rise
- » Bulgarian Financier and TISP MP: The "Green Certificate" can Slow Down the Economy