Slovenia's PM Accuses UEFA Boss of Spreading the Coronavirus
Slovenian Prime Minister Janez Jansa has severely accused UEFA president Aleksander Čeferin of spreading the coronavirus pandemic in Europe.
"Čeferin allowed the games between Atalanta and Valencia, as well as other matches in Europe during the same weeks. They did not want to cancel them because they were greedy for money. You see what happened in Italy and Spain. COVID-19 spread to both countries for these matches, and then spread to the rest of the continent, "Jansa announced.
Jansa said football matches were suspended too late. He called it an “irresponsible and criminal decision.” “World Health Organization warnings were not enough for UEFA to suspend the Champions League and the Europa League,” the politician said. He also accused the organization’s leadership of “caring only about money”.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Roberta Metsola Elected as President of the EP on her Birthday
- » Indonesia is Moving its Capital
- » Ukrainian MP at the EP: Any Arms Embargo against Ukraine must Fall
- » A winter storm has left thousands without electricity in the United States
- » Serbia votes in favor of EU-backed judicial reform, Vucic himself announces result
- » China has called for no imports because of Omicron