Turkey's President will Donate 7 Salaries to Fight COVID-19
The Head of State has initiated a national solidarity campaign
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has announced that he is donating 7 monthly salaries to help fight COVID-19.
In doing so, the Head of State became the initiator of a national solidarity campaign, which he addressed to the nation.
In a videoconference address, Erdogan called on all institutions, including civic organizations, and individuals to join the campaign to the best of their ability.
Its purpose is to support the poor in the population affected by the epidemic or economic measures to stop the spread of the infection.
The funds raised will be distributed through the Social Assistance and Solidarity Foundations, as is available in all provinces of Turkey, Erdogan said.
Bank accounts have been opened and will be donated, including through donations.
According to official figures, the Turkish president's monthly salary is 49,400 Turkish pounds.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Serbian President: Bulgarians are Resentful because We are More Popular in North Macedonia
- » Day 643 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russian Forces Breaking Through Defenses near Avdiivka
- » Hamas Released 11 Hostages - Israel Released 33 Prisoners
- » Lavrov Awaits OSCE Entry: Bulgaria's Airspace Decision in Focus
- » NATO Chief: Ukraine Managed to Get Back Half of the Lands Captured by Russia
- » Day 642 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Winter Storms Hit Crimea and the Rest of Ukraine