WHO: Coronavirus Pandemic is Accelerating
The coronavirus pandemic is "accelerating", warns the WHO chief, as the global death toll continues to grow rapidly.
COVID-19 is far from dying, the head of the World Health Organization (WHO) warned, urging nations to act and while it is still possible to "change the trajectory" of the pandemic.
The spread of the disease is "accelerating," WHO chief Tedros Adanom Gebraeusus said, citing increasing cases of coronavirus, cited by the BGNES.
"It took 67 days from the first reported of Covid-19 to reach 100,000 cases, 11 days for the second 100,000, and just four days for the third 100,000," he said, urging
countries to adopt rigorous testing and contact-tracing strategies.
"What matters most is what we do. You can't win a football game by defending. You have to attack as well," he told a joint news conference with Fifa president Gianni Infantino to launch a "kick out coronavirus" campaign featuring footballers.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 116 Newly Registered Cases
- » Restart of Organ Transplant Procedures in Bulgaria
- » Face Masks Now Mandatory at Outdoor Areas in Paris
- » Bulgaria: 11 Infected with COVID-19 in a Dialysis Center in Dobrich
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 53 Newly Registered Cases in 1275 PCR Tests
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 134 Newly Registered Cases, 13343 Total