The President of Northern Macedonia has Declared a State of Emergency
Macedonian President Stevo Pendarovski has declared a state of emergency throughout Northern Macedonia, BGNES reported.
In a statement to the nation, Pendarovski said this was necessary to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. Prime Minister Oliver Spasovski called on parliament to declare a state of emergency because of the spread of COVID-19 at noon today.
Parliament Speaker Talat Xhaferi said that after self-dissolution and elections, parliament cannot reconvene and called on the head of state to make that decision.
Three days ago, political leaders unanimously decided to postpone the early parliamentary elections scheduled for April 12th.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Hungary: Bulgaria Listed as "Yellow" Country, 14-Day Quarantine or 2 Negative PCR Tests to Enter Hungary
- » COVID-19 in Greece: Mandatory Masks in Closed Public Places Temporary Abolished
- » Referendum In Russia: Putin is Allowed To Remain President Until 2036
- » 50,000 New Cases of COVID-19 in US, Trump: I Fully Support the Masks. I Think They Work
- » New Zealand's Health Minister Resignes After Breaches of Lockdown Rules
- » UK Restarts Tourism on July 4