WHO: 61.7% of Bulgarians over 18 are Overweight
According to data of the World Health Organization 61.7% of Bulgarians over 18 are overweight which places the country close to top of the list in Europe regarding this index.
The situation is similar with children - 13.6% are overweight. Experts say that this is due mostly to an unhealthy lifestyle that includes a high-calorie diet combined with lack of exercise, BNR reported.
Tomorrow, March 4 is the World Obesity Day.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Premier: Vaccine Must Be Available to All Willing to Be Vaccinated
- » WHO Reports 4 Million Infected with Coronavirus within One Week Alone
- » Covid-19: Pfizer Vaccine Ready for Use Next Week in UK
- » BAS Prof. Penka Petrova: We Relaxed in Summer but Current Situation Raises Concern
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 3475 New Cases, 153 Deaths
- » Bulgarian Medical Union: We Call on People Not to Take Advantage of e-Referrals for Free PCR Tests