7 Magnitude Earthquake Registered North of Japan
A strong earthquake was registered southeast of the Russian Kuril Islands and north of Japan, world agencies reported.
The 7 magnitude earthquake was at a depth of 160 kilometers, with an epicenter at sea north of the northernmost part of Japan's Hokkaido Prefecture, the Japan National Meteorological Institute reported. According to the US Institute, the quake's depth was 143 kilometers.
There are no casualties.
No tsunami warning was issued.
- » Weather Forecast: Mostly Sunny
- » Code Yellow Warning for Hazardous Weather in 4 Bulgarian Regions
- » Weather Forecast: Broken Clouds with Maximum Temperatures between 4C and 9C
- » NIMH: Code Yellow and Code Orange Warning for Dangerous Weather in Place in 16 Bulgarian Regions
- » Weather Forecast: Cloudy with Rain or Snow
- » Weather Foreast: Mostly Cloudy with Rain